• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting door pannels..?

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to convert the newer style door pannels onto my 95 sport with the older style?? I have power locks and windows but not the side mirrors. Has anyone ever done this???

Thats a good question I'd like to know about. if i get a chance I'll look tommarrow and see i have a 99 and a 87 and don't like the door panels on the 87. plus i have to work on the locks tommarrow anyway and would only mean i need to pull one from th 99 at the same time.

Uhh.. you can do anything with enough time and money..

But I think this could cost way too much of both. The general measurements are the same, but I think from there, the panels differ very substantially. I think it has more to do with how far the new panels "bow" out from the door. It's possible that the inner door structure is different, but frankly I didn't look.

You'd probably be better served to simply get a whole new door and replace that. You'd have to paint it.. but so what. I think that would be much easier than modding the panel. The new door should bolt right up.

sweetjeep said:
Uhh.. you can do anything with enough time and money..

But I think this could cost way too much of both. The general measurements are the same, but I think from there, the panels differ very substantially. I think it has more to do with how far the new panels "bow" out from the door. It's possible that the inner door structure is different, but frankly I didn't look.

You'd probably be better served to simply get a whole new door and replace that. You'd have to paint it.. but so what. I think that would be much easier than modding the panel. The new door should bolt right up.

Ur right, that does sound way better!

Back