PDA

View Full Version : Value Gear Ring and Pinions

Heb80
March 28th, 2005, 15:53
I ordered ring and pinions for my D30 and Chrysler 8.25. I requested Yukons, but today when they arrived I got Yukon for the D30 and Value Gear for the 8.25. Is this a subsidiary of Yukon or did they send me the wrong thing?

MontanaXJ
March 28th, 2005, 18:26
I believe they are the same company. What did you pay for the Value Gears? They should be about $40 less than Yukons.

Greg

Lucas
March 28th, 2005, 18:35
If you paid for Yukons then you should have recieved them IMHO.

ECKSJAY
March 28th, 2005, 18:42
I ordered ring and pinions for my D30 and Chrysler 8.25. I requested Yukons, but today when they arrived I got Yukon for the D30 and Value Gear for the 8.25. Is this a subsidiary of Yukon or did they send me the wrong thing?

It's the value line of Yukon/Randy's R&P...and are fine if used on the street. They don't recommend using them with lockers or in 'high demand' situations.

MontanaXJ
March 28th, 2005, 18:56
From what Rawbrown told me, they aren't any weaker, but may cause a little more noise. He has set them up in 8.25's and hasn't had any problems.

Greg

ECKSJAY
March 28th, 2005, 19:09
From what Rawbrown told me, they aren't any weaker, but may cause a little more noise. He has set them up in 8.25's and hasn't had any problems.

Greg

This came from my Randy's guys directly. Good for street, might be a little noisier...but aren't recommended for locker/alloy shaft/wheeling/hard use.

MontanaXJ
March 28th, 2005, 19:20
This came from my Randy's guys directly. Good for street, might be a little noisier...but aren't recommended for locker/alloy shaft/wheeling/hard use.
I guess I will find out. Haa Haa.

Greg

89jeepxj
March 28th, 2005, 19:21
ive heard mixed feelings about value gears. I guess it all depends on your driving style. im also goin to be repalcing gears soon.