• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ Panel Delivery

thecozmo65

NAXJA Forum User
I have been kicking around the idea of removing the rear windows on my 90 2door and replacing them with solid metal, possably removable, mabey with a hinged wing like stock. Just in the planning stage right now. Any ideas, suggestions?

I've owned both a 55 and 56 Chevy Sedan Delivery. This would look pretty cool on a street XJ. If I were you, I'd use a panel cut out of a junk roof panel(not an XJ roof). That way it would have a slight crown to reduce drumming and would look more like the factory would do it. Too much crown and it would look goofy, like a bubble.

For a trail Jeep, I'd pass. Visibility is too important.

Nah,
Half the excitement is seeing if you can drive the obsticle and come away with the windows intact.
Keep the windows in, That's the goal.
:cheers:

MaXJohnson said:
I've owned both a 55 and 56 Chevy Sedan Delivery. This would look pretty cool on a street XJ. If I were you, I'd use a panel cut out of a junk roof panel(not an XJ roof). That way it would have a slight crown to reduce drumming and would look more like the factory would do it. Too much crown and it would look goofy, like a bubble.

I'm more worried about my visiblity going down the highway at 75 mph then I am on the trail at 2 mph............... :bunny:

wrong1 said:
IMO I wouldn't do it. I like the added visibility of the glass back there. Especially if its a DD.

Well when you drive a 20' Freightliner box truck you learn to deal with a little blind spot.:D Besides I have always loved the panel truck/sedan delivery look.

MaXJohnson said:

Thats why I was contemplating the removable part. Mabey with some 1/4 turn fasteners, like they use on fiberglass drag hoods and such.

Can one of you photoshop gurus do one up for this. I think it would look sweet. I don't know if I'd want to drive it but it would look cool.

Just shoot the truck in black paint and limo tint the quarter windows, or paint the depressed area around the windows black and limo tint those windows. That should give the Panel Van look without destroying drivability.

Back