• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 Rebuild, need service manual

cyrus

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, did the search thing and came up with nothing, not to say I didn't miss it though.
A friend of mine is in need of a service manual for the ax-15, does any of you know what ones are good and where to get it?
The haynes/chilton home mechanic books suck in theis department. We need a complete rebuild manual for this gear box, as this POS only has 4th gear left in it.

This may or may not help, but do you have a catalog from 4WD Hardware? They have a very nice breakdown of that transmission, as well as some transfer cases and axles.

It's certainly no service manual, but I rebuilt two AX-5s (basically the same thing as an AX-15) and two NP231s using these diagrams. It's really not that difficult if you document (or remember) where evething goes as you take it apart.

I took a bunch of digital pictures when I disassembled mine; send me an email at [email protected] if you run into any trouble.

iroc86 said:
This may or may not help, but do you have a catalog from 4WD Hardware? They have a very nice breakdown of that transmission, as well as some transfer cases and axles.

It's certainly no service manual, but I rebuilt two AX-5s (basically the same thing as an AX-15) and two NP231s using these diagrams. It's really not that difficult if you document (or remember) where evething goes as you take it apart.

I took a bunch of digital pictures when I disassembled mine; send me an email at [email protected] if you run into any trouble.
I do have 4wd's catolog, I never thought about the parts discription break outs. Thanks.
Badge714 sent me a link to a PDF file of a 00XJ FSM. So I believe we have the manual part covered, now the greasy end of things.
Thanks Guys

No problem! I forgot about the PDF FSMs that are floating around on the Internet... that should be exactly what you need.

iroc86 said:
No problem! I forgot about the PDF FSMs that are floating around on the Internet... that should be exactly what you need.

I need chapter 8 for a '99 XJ. I have the rest including 8W with the wiring.
If somebody can send me chapter 8, I'd appreciate it.

Back