• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE...just how hard is the install?

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Well, im ordering the tomwoods and AA sye combo tommorrow...i was looking through the instructions and they seem kinda compliacted, then again i was only really skimming them. Anyways all i have avail to use is one of craftsman's mechanic toolset (122 peice) and other every day tools..ive installed lockers, lifts, cut my fenders, wired my sterio...is it much harder then that...maybe ill just read the directions agian

Input welcome!

Thanks

If you've done an oil change and can read from left to right you'll be ok...

Do you have a big pair of snap-ring pliers?

It'll take ya a six-packs length of time...

I just recently did mine. I needed lock ring pliers, not snap ring plier. Also you might need to find somebody with a machine shop to press the bearings out of the drive sprocket depending on which model output shaft you had. It wasnt too hard. I just took my time a read the directions and the FSM(which helped a lot) carefully. It took me about a weekend, but then again I wasnt working all day and I had to do a lot of running around for tools and stuff. You sound mechanically inclined you should be fine.

tom woods 525$ shipped includes the AA HD SYE and cv shaft!...i ordered mine this morning should be here by next tuesday

Thanks for all the responses now i cant wait to take my t-case a part

Back