• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to look when you need a part number?

wescam

NAXJA Forum User
You know those little plastic screw like things that hold the inner fender well plastic guard in place? (they are also used in a few other spots) I removed mine, cut it alll up, and put it back in -- re-used some of the plastic things and some zip ties. I'm going to have to pull the liner again to do another trim, and I know they won't last being pulled out over and over.

I'd like to get a part number for them, but past experience with the local Jeep dealers isn't great. They argued with me over the speedo-gear part number, finnally ordered what I told them, and it works like a charm, of course. They put me on hold for 15 minutes when ordering a nut rail (driver's side). Seems he thought I wanted a Class III receiver when I just gave him the nut rail part #?

Anyway, does the full FSM have all the part numbers?

The FSM doesn't include a part number listing, unfortunately.

Well, I picked up the XJ microfische part list a while back on Ebay....it's some awesome information to have! Helps to have a microfische reader too so you can look things up...

Try giving the dealer part number 6030441 for those plastic retainer push pins....

Ivan

Thanks, a ton!

I have found those plastic pushpins a t my local Ace hardware in the nuts n bolts section.

I buy them at Auto Zone. They are in blister packs, on a revolving display in the fastener aisle.

Those little "Christmas tree" fasteners are available at most auto parts stores, like some have said, but you might have better luck talking to a body shop -- they buy them in bulk and may sell them for less money. The stores around here want $2.69 for two of them!

Back