• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another brake question....

BCKNBLK

NAXJA Forum User
Ive seen all the slotted and cross drilled rotor selections out there for cherokee's, but has anyone come across any OVERSIZED front discs. Ive got an '01 with the 60th anniv. package that gave you the 16" alloys, so I know Ive got room for larger rotors. I dont know what the outer diameter is of the stock rotors on there, but they are pretty small. I inderstand the caliper will have to get changed too, but it would be worth it. I think the brakes on these rigs leave a lot to be desired. Even an inch increase would make a noticeable difference, and combined with the rear discs from a 'grand that I'll put on also.........sounds good. Anybody seen or heard anything on this.
Thanks

dont know much about it, but after looking at a buddy's WJ front rotors- they were larger than mine... maybe swap to the WJ outer?
he also had 16" rims...

yah they say you should use a 16 inch rim. but if you grind alittle off the brake tops they will fit in a 15inch rim.
heres a good pic the one on the left on grind and the one on the right has grinding
48.jpg

What were those calipers from? Were they from WJ and if so, do you guys know the rotors and calipers from a WJ would swap over to the XJ?

BCKNBLK said:
What were those calipers from? Were they from WJ and if so, do you guys know the rotors and calipers from a WJ would swap over to the XJ?
You have to swap over the entire knuckle assembly.

Sounds like thats the ticket Im looking for, Thanks. One last thing before I get going on this, Is this a straight across swap, and will all the steering arms and whatnot bolt up in the same places on the knuckles from the WJ? Ive never compared them to the XJ pieces. Appreciate the help.

BCKNBLK said:
Sounds like thats the ticket Im looking for, Thanks. One last thing before I get going on this, Is this a straight across swap, and will all the steering arms and whatnot bolt up in the same places on the knuckles from the WJ? Ive never compared them to the XJ pieces. Appreciate the help.

The first issue would be that the WJ uses a different wheel pattern!

Back