• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got OBA?

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
The latest from RevFab, naaa, Rev Works, naaa, anyway...here it is.

1st, the problem....8 or so years of everyday operation has finally done the ARB unit in, the silver dust is aluminium from the cylinder
arbcomp.JPG

Now...the solution....
Sanden.jpg

The grey line brings the oil from the filter back into the compressor, whenever the compressor runs
top.jpg

Rev

hey just a few questions/observations first. you may want to move the filter/oiler futher away from the compressor it tends to get realy hot and can melt the filter bowl. the lines seem to be ok but all the filters i've used just cant handle it. on to my question how do you have the oiler line hooked up, does it just run from the bottom of the oil seperator/filter to the intake if so what keeps the system presurized. wouldnt' it just dump all the air back into the intake?

I will keep an eye on the temp, the filter bowl is aluminium, but I will watch the media ...thanks. The oiler line runs thru a small valve, it is open just a little bit (tech term) so most of the air goes to the tank...the samll loss of pressure does not bother the recovery.

Rev

i beleive coil hose pneumatics makes a filter that automaticly releases the oil when it is full this would be nice for a self oiling setup. i would hate to have a constant slow leak in my air line just means more wear on the system. as well as the fact that most filters not only remove the oil from the line but water as well this means you will be introducing water into you pump dosent seem like the best of ideas to me. i have the same setup (after blowing the bowl's off of two filters i moved it to the rear where my air tank is) near the intake i made a little plug so i can easily add oil to the intake when i feel it is nessary and have had no problems to date over 7monts of filling tires running air tools and blasting the carpets with air (this works great for getting out sand and such that the vacume just cant get. ps wear eye protection)

The filter has a check valve on the output, so only the pressure in the filter itself leaks out when the compressor shuts down....sort of an auto drain. I am not to worried about moisture being so close to the compressor, but its a concern, I will watch it.

Thanks again.

Rev

Back