• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vROOOOM seats

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
Time has come to get some cool racing seats. Well, minus the cool part. Mainly beacuse I dont want to spend any sort of a large amount of money! I searched google and came up with some really nice seats, but the cost was outragious. It looks like I am going to be getting the Molded plastic kind with some kind of cover so I can stuff egg crate stuff under it. But for the life of me, I cant seem to find someplace to get them!

Anyone have a hook up or a place I can call and order from?

The tech will come after i get them, ok?

Matt

Why not just find a nice set at a junk yard ? Cover then with wet Okolie seat covers and be done with it...

Thanks for the tip on summit! Can't believe I missed that one.

I went ahead and ordered these.
rci-8000s.jpg

And the reason I dont want junk yard seats is beacause I really am trying to go for the serious race look. These should look good with my new dash and lack of interior!

Matt

Pics later today on where I am at with this.

Yea.. deffinatly getting covers for it. going to put my own padding in them as well. its hard to buy seats without sitting in them.

What did they run ? including shipping and covers ? Reason I ask is the corbeau is pretty resonable in their seats
http://www.corbeau.com

The A4 and TRS at the site RichP linked to run for only $320 each. Sounds like a pretty good price to me. Anyone have any experience with them?

Man, I hope you get LOTS of padding for those seats! I had a pair and had to take them out as they killed my lower back after just a few miles. Why not check out www.beardseats.com ? These are the same seats used in Baja by alot of teams. VERY comfortable and right around $200/ seat with lots of fabric and color options.

Them seats from Summit are not very comfy! I had them in a drag car and they sucked just for that. I really wouldnt want to be out driving and really wouldnt want to wheel in them for any length of time.

What about ebay? I saw some for $300 for the pair delivered. Didn't look too bad.

Teammud.com
Mud in our veins, rocks in our heads.

Scrappy said:
Yea.. deffinatly getting covers for it. going to put my own padding in them as well. its hard to buy seats without sitting in them.
Just make sure you lean them back alittle.I run them in the truggy.they aint bad

I ran those JAZ racing seats in my stripped down mustang/bracket car....and as long as you get the nice covers...the ones with the built in heavier padding....they're not too awful bad. I'm a lil over 6' and about 220...and I was at the uppermost limit....sizewise...anyways. My buddy who's 6'4" and 265....didn't fit so well...they were too narrow for him. They did start to hurt my lower back after spending about 1 1/2 hours in them though. That was about 6 years ago...nowadays I'd probably go with some of the other offerings out there. You used to be able to get those seats from JEGS racing as well as SUMMIT.
Aron

Yea I got the heavy padded covers, and ill add my own as i see fit.

I am going to be leaning them back as much as possible, I have the room.

I got the seats at 45 a piece and the covers for 30. Then a 10 dollar oversize charge for shipping. Worked out to like 200? Much cheaper than one GREAT seat! But eh.

Matt

Scrappy said:
Yea I got the heavy padded covers, and ill add my own as i see fit.

I am going to be leaning them back as much as possible, I have the room.

I got the seats at 45 a piece and the covers for 30. Then a 10 dollar oversize charge for shipping. Worked out to like 200? Much cheaper than one GREAT seat! But eh.

Matt

Just remember to factor in the chiropractor bill too... :laugh3:

well... not a DD by ANYMEANS. Trails only for this thing. Im a young punk, my body can handle stuff you old farts can touch with a 10 foot stick. :laugh3:

Matt

I've been running plastic seats for a while, not quite the ones you've got pictured. They're fine for me. Like Led pointed out, lean them back a little. I run in them for days on the trail and have never had a problem with them. And they don't mildew and get stained like all the nice seats. My folks ride in them too and they're 55+.

Back