• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skinny tires?

gregclimbs

NAXJA Forum User
last post for today, really....

I am going to ~32's and was wondering, since I WANT to run the stock rims, is there a brand that makes an AT tire in the 32 range that is skinnier?

I found the 33/10.5 bfg ats (actually 32.7"s), and wondering if that is the best option. I have a RE6030 3.5" lift, but it actually lifted me 5" (22.5" from hub to bottom of flare).

don't want to have to do too much trimming...

g

Nope, you won't find much in 32x10.5. I've been down this road already.

I think I did find something in either a P-metric or floatation size but they were not the kind of tires I was interested in running. I forget what they were (P-Metric Bridgestones?), some kind of cheezy luxo-barge all season tire.

I decided to go 265/75-R16 (i.e. 32x10.5x16 in float sizes) in a Truxus MT. Need to buy new wheels of course. My "eccos" were 15".

You could run 33x10.5x15 possibly. BFG ATs are notoriously smaller than their advertised height. I'll probably pick up a set myself for DD usage eventually.

HTH

r@m

I think rootmoose is right, AT's in 32x10.5 is a tall order. I had 32x10.5's on my old isuzu, but they were TSLs.

Swamper 32 x 10.5 radial. Great tire to rim fit, usual minor
rubbing on front coil post. Minor trimming on bottom corners
on front and rear wheelwells.

I seem to remember something like a 33 or 34x9.50 some years ago. Super Swamper I think. It had a cool retro military look. I think I saw them on a Mitsu Montero, late 80's, no lift, in Telico headed up to the helicopter pad. Then again I coud be on crack!

Back