• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake lines

usually, you'll be alright with your stock lines, you can relocate the one's infront so you can flex more. More then 3 inches, i'd go with the YJ Lines, their a bit longer, but to answer your question, you should be fine, just relocate your front ones.

dave

Don't relocate them.

What that entails is unbolting the hard lines in the front wheel wells, bending the hard line to straighten it out, then reattaching it lower down.

Two problems: First, an older steel line may be partially rusted and brittle, so when you try to bend it it cracks. Then you have to replace it. Second, when it is dropped it is more susceptible to damage.

Buy new lines, for a 94 or 95 Wrangler, and do it right from the git-go.

Eagle said:
Don't relocate them.

What that entails is unbolting the hard lines in the front wheel wells, bending the hard line to straighten it out, then reattaching it lower down.

Two problems: First, an older steel line may be partially rusted and brittle, so when you try to bend it it cracks. Then you have to replace it. Second, when it is dropped it is more susceptible to damage.

Buy new lines, for a 94 or 95 Wrangler, and do it right from the git-go.

I Second that,

I just was thinking the cheapest way possible for ya which would be relocating, unless it cracks, the YJ lines would definitley be better and are very worth it.

bought my YJ lines for $5 from a bud who lifted his YJ - they work great...

I'm for relocating them for a 3" if the hardlines aren't rusty. Relocated the front hard lines my '87 for about 4.5" front lift (just had new hoses installed before lift and I didn't want to go with new ones) a few months back and they have held up just fine off road. Just make sure they aren't going to get snagged on anything. Some people say to just leave them unbolted but i would reccomend redrilling and rebolting them down lower to avoid this. Went Dakota 4x4 brakeline in the rear and I'm happy with that setup also. my .02

Practice straightening the driver side first. It's only a one foot length of hard line you can buy for 3 bucks from napa. if it breaks you can put in another and bend it to 90 when it comes out the wall and be done.

I had the same question. I sucked it up and bought a set of RE Extended Front BL's. It's expensive but it will be done right. I just don't think brakes lines are something to skimp on, just my .02 - no offense to anybody.

Side Note -
RE does not include Front Brake Lines with the XJ 3.5" Super Flex and they should. I haven't wheeled my XJ yet cause I know the second I dis-connect I will snap the brake lines. I use to have a TJ with the RE 3.5" and it came with Extended Front Brake Lines. The TJ and XJ Front ends are pretty much the same so I don't know why they did not include them in the XJ Kit.

SharkTJ said:
I had the same question. I sucked it up and bought a set of RE Extended Front BL's. It's expensive but it will be done right. I just don't think brakes lines are something to skimp on, just my .02 - no offense to anybody.

Side Note -
RE does not include Front Brake Lines with the XJ 3.5" Super Flex and they should. I haven't wheeled my XJ yet cause I know the second I dis-connect I will snap the brake lines. I use to have a TJ with the RE 3.5" and it came with Extended Front Brake Lines. The TJ and XJ Front ends are pretty much the same so I don't know why they did not include them in the XJ Kit.

the TJ front lines are shoter stock than the XJ front lines IIRC... more than likely why RE includes them in their kits...

bigwhitey said:
Hey Shark did you lift the front of your jeep and let the axle all the way down to see if the lines were long enough?

Sort of. When we were putting on the Coils, we pushed the Axel down on one side and my buddy pointed out how tight the lines were. I am sure if I dis-connect and flex, I will snap one of the lines. There isn't much room now.

Back