• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case drop

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1" trans drop now i have a rattle sounds like the exhaust as anyone had a weird rattle when they did trans drop or is there any thing i should do when i do it :lecture: :lecture:

I've got a .5" drop in mine and when i'm sitting still in drive the down pipe hits the transmission.

Have'nt had much time or the place to work on my jeep lately but once the weather warms up some i'll try to mess with it but untill then i've learned to live with it. But i'll try to look at it tommorow to fugure something out.

Do you have trans skid as well? I you dont lower that mount as well it will hit that and rattle.

The trans mount is probably toast. Mine was.

The pipe is attached to the trans and when the mount gets worn, the pipe rides closer and closer to the crossmember till, thump thump.

did my drop and i was trying to hear the noise and it seems to be coming from the transfercase linkage there is a bracket that is bolted to the transmission tunnel lookes like i have to drop it down 1" the linkage is on a sharp angle and it is hitting metal :laugh3:

Back