• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

precision u-joint's

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i spit a cap off a u-joint last weekend, no problem just threw in my spare set of shafts. so now i needed to replace the joint on those to have another full set for a spare. i went to every parts store in town and no one carried spicer u-joints. i wound up getting a precision joint from o'reillys. it looks beefy but i'm a bit skeptic to use it. anyone have any info or experience with these. thanks

one other question. where can i get spicer u-joints.

Last edited:
yeah i went by there but they needed a part number and wasnt sure. anyone got it for a 297 spicer joint?

so 5-760x is the number i need to give em at napa?

I work for a NAPA parts store and we recently received a letter about Dana selling their aftermarket divisions to Affinia. The only division they kept was spicer and they are no longer available through there brake and chassis division NAPA no longer carries Spicer due to this fact effective March 1 2005.
It sucks but thats big business.

bowhunter said:
I work for a NAPA parts store and we recently received a letter about Dana selling their aftermarket divisions to Affinia. The only division they kept was spicer and they are no longer available through there brake and chassis division NAPA no longer carries Spicer due to this fact effective March 1 2005.
It sucks but thats big business.
well that sucks :mad:

it does, but the guy yesterday told me he could order them if i gave him the part number, which i didnt have off hand. he said he was unable ot look them up.

The catalog system has them deleted but there are several still showing at few different wharehouses,once they are gone thats it for Napa getting them.

And yes that is the correct part number. 5760x

Back