• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More lift ??

kofeebrat

NAXJA Forum User
I couldn't seem to find my old thread, so I'll apologize right away for clogging up the forums. I'm looking at lifting my XJ to make a DD/trail rig out of it and not sure what I need for lift. Most of the places I go to play are difficult to put it mildly (everyone I wheel with has no less than 38's with plenty of horse, my brother actually has 46" Baja Claw's and a 475hp small block) and I don't wanna hamper their fun by being the one they have to hook on to and pull for a while cause the XJ won't handle the trail. Initally I was looking at the RE 3.5" Super Flex and a set of 31's but after more thought I'm not so sure that will be enough. I used to have a 78 full size Chev, 383 small block, TH400, NP208, 8" lift and 40's, but got tired of trying to cram that mammoth into some of the tight spots on the trails in So. MN & WI. What would you guys suggest for lift/tires on a fairly modest budget??

Thanks

I'm on budget too. and i have managed to get my jeep up to 4.5 AND 31'S, shes not to bad as a daily and shes performs well out in the rough...good luck dude.

I'm running 4.5 RUSTY'S lift on 31x10.50 firestone firehawks. these tires suck. but i disco'd my front sway bar now i can go places in 2 wheel that i needed 4x4 before. with some 32 muds or good at's im thinkin pretty much go bout anywhere.. just wheel it man....

Rev Den said:
33's. 4", a little trimming.

Have fun.

Rev

I 2nd this. Get a 3-4" lift and trim for some nice 33x12.50x15 mts and show those guys on big tires what a XJ can do. You will have alot of fun doing it too. You will have a real sleeper of a rig there bud. If you don't want to regear or get a xj 44 rear axle or 29 spline rear, then just get some 31x10.50x15 mts and 2-3" lift and show those guys some lessons and have fun. You can always go bigger. I found out what an xj could do with a 3" lift and 31' ats, this makes for a great dd and weekend wheeler.

Back