• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need lift/ DS advice!

Chief93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, i need some advice about my rear driveshaft/ lift combo. I just got my new RE1463 3.5 leaf packs in the mail the other day ( spent $300+ and didnt even get a free sticker) and i was underneath soaking the bolts with Pb blaster and noticed how much my slip yoke is hanging out already with only 2" blocks under there. Sp what im wondering is if anybody out there has these springs and what setup you hav as far as driveshaft lenght. iam getting worried that it might pull out of the Tcase on real hard braking or off road. I have a 93 2 door with AW4 and 231, I will be swapping in the D44 from my old 87 4 door at the same time as the springs.the 4 door was an AW4 with 242. both driveshafts are the same length off of both jeeps (bout 31"). i cant really afford the SYE right now but ill wait if i have to put the springs on. thanks- Aaron:banghead:

You didn't say if the new springs will replace the blocks, or if you plan to run the blocks with the new springs for a total of 5" (not a good idea -- I hate blocks, for many reasons).

The Dana 44 is about an inch longer than a Dana 35, if that's what's under your '93, but the same length as a Chrysler 8.25. 3" of total lift is the practical limit without doing something. A friend of mine used blcoks to go from 3" to 5" and his drive shaft fell out a quarter of a mile down the road on his test drive.

You can by a YJ yoke -- it provides about 5/8" more slip spline length than stock XJ yoke, as well as more open throats for high angles. That might be enough as an interim fix, but it sounds like you're really at the point where your next investment should be that SYE.

Oh ok well im not using the blocks anymore thasts why i got the leafs, but the leafs give an advertised 3.5" not just 3, i just want to find somebody who has 3.5" rubicon springs and no SYE to tell me everything will be alright and calm my nerves. i might end up buying a yj yoke even though im not gonna be eating soon if i dont stop spendin money! plus believe me, if i had enough to rationalize, thats the next thing im getting besides tires (sye)
-Aaron

Back