• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire damage from the trail

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed that I have a 2 and a half inch cut on my tire that goes through one of the think lugs on the tire and like a milimeter through the tire that is void of a lug. It begins in a void, goes through a lug, and ends in a void. Any way I can seal this so it doesn't spread?
Thanks

vulkanizing sp? not realy worth it. that's what ya get for taking your jeep off road:lecture:

dandecicco said:
Any way I can seal this so it doesn't spread?
Thanks

CUT MORE SHEET METAL......LOL. That's what I'd do...anyways....but I like sawzalls..

Seriously though...no manufacturers or tire stores will recommend anything for that...because of liability issues. I would find some of that ol' shoe goo....or anything approved for rubber usage that doesn't harden....it has to remain somewhat pliable. At the very least...it'll keep stuff from getting wedged into there...and from being that much closer to penetrating your tire.

Aron
Aron

Back