• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmissin pan parts

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
I was wheeling a little while ago someplace where I should be able to "walk over anything"..like a bunny/newbie trail (Shoe Creek in VA) and well, like anywhere there's always some stupid thing you can try and then it gets personal..etc. Some jacked up CJ's an TJ's from another local club or whatever said nobody could take "that line" unless they were...well you ge tthe deal. So it got personal. I didn't think I needed my tranny shid for "its just shoe creek", lesson learned. Damn this is a long way to go fo this but I'm changing diff fluid in the garage right now so i have some spare time to ramble....

The question: Having DENTED THE HELL OUT OF and having never dropped the pan on my 2000 4.0 AW4 NP231 I really don't know what to expect or what freakin parts to get from the stealer or NAPA. Pan, gasket, filter? Is there a pan then some kind of install kit that includes a proper gasket and new screen/filter? Anyone lobby for some aftermarket deep pan? Can't seem to find the right parts. Just rambling....lookin for advice.

Pete,
For a gasket use RTV,not too much,so as to squeeze into the fluid.The " filter" is just a screen to get the big chunks out.You can replace it if you want .I did at 40K on mine and have only done a flush yearly since then.
GoJeep did a deep pan for his,look on his web site . Dealer or junk yard for a replacement pan. go.jeep
Wayne

Thanks Wayne...dealer quoted me 200 bucks. You have GOT to be kidding! I am trying to find something for that tranny on summit or jegs....the Mopar performance pans are like 50 bucks from them with the install kit!

-P

Back