• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could my coils come out?

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have the rustys 3" full leaves. I sit around 4-4.5 I went wheeling yesterday with some buddies (ill post my pics thursday) Now I had some crazy flex, one of the guys was actually worried my coil could go unseated, I have the rustys adjustable LCAs. I didnt believe him so i went out and wiggled them and they were pretty damn movable. I think the only think stopping me from more flex was my fenders. Whats crazy is my brake lines are in the stock location. Now I am sure i am way off but it was still crazy none the less.

Been there, done that.

You REALLY do want to extend your front brake lines before you do anything including 'wheeling, IMHO. Hanging an axle by the brake line is not good.

I'm rather surprised that you've got more than 3" out of Rusty's springs. I sagged out a set in 2 years, but I run loaded with spares and tools.

Completely unloaded coils isn't an all bad thing, as long as you can keep the bottom seated in the cup.

Yeah they were still seated but i think if i had extended brake lines and trim they could have gotten unseated. Yeah, a guy we went with has some 3.5 leafs from RE and I sit a little higher than he does. My brake lines werent even maxed out yet thats what got me, I am getting them soon after this little thing but geeze i was amazed how much flex i got.

Rusty has done something with his springs. I have always been told that they sag and I wouldn't get full hieght. Had a new set fo 3" full pack on now for over six months and I sit above a buddy who has 3.5 RE. I added some terraflex coild spacers upfront to level the thing out.

i would highly doubt you dropping a front spring with three inches of lift.the front spring is made to slide up and down on the post.

Back