• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If you have one laying around....

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
I'm on a VERY tight budget(come on, 17 and supporting a 98 xj?) and am having my buddy from church help me fab up(he can weld) a roof rack soon. Before we start, I want to get my hands on about 4 or 5 stock roof rack rails. If I can get enough, then thats going to be what my rack attaches to, because I do not see spending money on gutter mounts when my stock rails are there.

So if you have any extra roof rack rails for the new body style(are they different?), I would be more than happy to take them off your hands, condition does not matter, I can repaint, deal with holes, etc.

I am in the Ventura area, I will pick up if you have any near me! Will buy also if its a good deal!

Thanks! :party:

Just an opinion here.....forget the stock type mounts. When I built my rack I pulled the headliner, used doubler plates and bolted right thru the roof. Since I needed to support a lot of weight (we use it as an observation deck with as many as five adults [sometimes more if the action calls for it ;)]
It realy doesn't take much effort to remove the headliner and the final product is well worth the time.
Let me see if I can find some pics (then figure out how to post them) of my rack.
Rick R :sunshine:

Back