• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

79 cherokee flares

bigwhitey

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at the 79 cherokee with 35's in the wheel wells and the straight lines of these flares I think they would work well on an XJ.
Any opinions or pictures of this?

You're referring to the full-size Chief with the wide wheel option? First, that option (and those flares) were available only on the 2-door. Don't remember if the rear flares were part of the quarter panel or bolt-on, but I know for a fact that the fronts were part of the fender. I know this because I had a 78 and I replaced both front fenders with the wide wheel style sheet metal.

In short -- I don't think they'll work for an XJ.

I had a '66 J-200 Gladiator truck some years ago; I think either the front or rear flares on that one would unbolt or could be removed semi-easily. Maybe someone with a J-truck will pipe up and confirm or call me a liar.

i've had 74, 76, 78,79, cherokee chiefs and the flairs ARE part of the sheetmetal the fronts are molded in with the fender and the rears are a two piece design you would have to do some major cutting to get the rears off.

Back