• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get nutsert for hitch

siminsez01

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 xj, so i have the passenger side nutsert already, just need the drivers side to mount my draw-tite. Called the dealer and they said $39! I know i have come accross somewhere online to buy them for i think it was $17, but now can't find anywhere for the life of me.

Anyone know where to get em?

Let me correct you, you are looking for the nut strips not nutserts to slide in your frame rail for your hitch.

A nutsert is similar to a pop rivet which leaves basically a "nut" pop riveted into place. If you are installing JEEP front or transfercase skid plates they use nutserts to attach those items to the chassis.

I found when I wanted to thread 12 mm bolts into my nut strips I had difficulty because of the paint build up on the nut threads. I recommend you chase all the nuts you plan on using to clean out any paint, rust or any other junk. You will find the bolts go in MUCH easier once you chase the threads, who would think it since the nut strip was new out of the box.

Also on my 88 XJ the nut strip would move up when I tried to bolt. There are holes in the chassis for 1/4 inch pop rivets. I found the rivets but no tool I could rent at the hardware store. I found some plastic wall anchors with a center pin which would expand into the hold and hold long enough for me to bolt everything up.

Me too... actually it was free with a set of 2000 shocks rear leafs and a rear hitch that cost 90$

Visit your local junk yard.. youll be glad you did..

I went looking for skids and recovery points... and came away with all kinds of good stuff for a great price

Back