• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6L Stroker S/C Project: 1 Update!

diegom6

NAXJA Forum User
Took two shitty pics of the pre isntalled S/C with my custom bracket. Still need lots of work.

So far is a 4.6L Forged Bottom with 9.5:1 CR

wODM5MjA0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODM5MjA1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Bonus Pics: Yes it's Pajero (Montero we call it) Evolution directly imported from Japan. I smoked that truck (280 HP) in a drag race sand with my N.A. Stroker XJ

wODM5MjA2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODM5MjA3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

That looks pretty good to me what is the s/c made for? what length belt are u planning on using? I am thinking about doing the same basic thing but getting rid of the ac compresser.

PFunk242 said:
That looks pretty good to me what is the s/c made for? what length belt are u planning on using? I am thinking about doing the same basic thing but getting rid of the ac compresser.

I didn't get rid of the A/C compressor becasue , probably, will sell the S/C as a custom kit for a customer who has a stroker 4.6L Renix Armored XJ and he needs his A/C to survive inside the cab, so that's why I'm keeping the A/C since are the same mounts.

When happens this, will put my Turbo.

Belt size is going to be determinated today.

I like the basic look of the project, and I'd be interested in a final writeup - and dyno results, if you decide to do it...

My only real question - watch for slippage over the aircon while it's turned on. Those compressors usually put quite a load on the belt, and with about 90* of wrap, you may lose a little there. If there's room, it may be prudent to come up from the alternator, over the supercharger, under and idler below and between the S/C and the AC, and over the AC. You've got the idler in place, so it's just a re-route issue. Do you have room, or had you already thought along those lines?

It's a little more work, but belt slippage over time can lead to premature belt failure, and that's NEVER a good thing...

Just the Engineer in me talking again...

Is this something you're doing on your own hook, or does this have the potential to be a decent kit? How are you handling fuel enrichment - separate injector or just fooling the ECU?

If you need to look into a supplemental fuel controller for fairly cheap, I suggest the MegaSquirt by Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo. It's a D-I-Y kit, fairly cheap, and (as I recall) fully programmable. Just the thing for this project.

I don't have all the links to hand, but there is quite a bit of information available - Google "MegaSquirt" and check out Yahoo! groups, since there are a couple that go to the MS as well.

(Oh - I like the distributor lead retainer (we call that stuff "Wisconsin Chrome" :laugh3:) and the copper pipe idea for extending the upper radiator hose around the S/C Head. I'm working on a similar idea for replacing most of the rubber coolant hoses under the hood, and leaving just "vibration stubs" to give the system a little "give.")

I'll shut up now, and wait for the final writeup! :lecture:

5-90

Back