• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride height and leafs....

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Last season I bought a set of Big offroad leafs for my XJ. They are great as far as limiting axle wrap, but are a bit on the stiff side. After 5 trips on them, they havent loosened up much. They are a bit longer than stock, so running them with the stock shackle causes the shackle to hit the back of the box on full flex. I just bought some boomerang shackles to alleviate this, but they add about an inch of lift. I dont want any more lift whatsoever, so I have been contemplating taking out a leaf in order to drop down but still maintain my present ride height, and also create opportunity for more flex. I dont, however, want this to fatique the leafs, so I am wondering if I should consider this at all, or if I did, if I could replace whatever leaf I take out with a stock leaf of equal length, but not as much arch in order to prevent the leafs from getting pooped out. ANyone have thoughts on this?
Thanks.
josh

anything you do to soften the springs (remove a leaf) or decrease the arch will increase the likelyhood of the shackle hitting the back of the box.

Back