• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

azusa canyon

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
anyone hear anything new about azusa canyon? i called the ranger station last month and they said they have to put up all the signs, and once the first river calms down a little they will re-open it. they estimated about a month. anyone called them recently?

etaniyani said:
anyone hear anything new about azusa canyon? i called the ranger station last month and they said they have to put up all the signs, and once the first river calms down a little they will re-open it. they estimated about a month. anyone called them recently?

I was up there a couple of weeks ago... Check this link for how things were at the time. It's probably pretty much the same right now given how far backed-up the water was. Rincon is also still shut down; I called about that earlier today.

Also tried to hit up the Santa Clarita cross trail on the weekend after that: it's likely to be closed until at least May 1st. I made it as far as the manned ranger station halfway between Santa Clarita and Tujunga before I hit the closure and one of the rangers came out to tell me that we were looking at the same timeframe.

Still, I got some decent pictures of the abandoned Nike missile base. With the recent weather, though, we've probably got 6-8 weeks of no-go into most of the local spots.

Back