• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LA heim size

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking for some feedback. I'm planning on building my long arms with 3/4 Poison Spyder heims and 1.5" .25 wall dom tubing. Are the heims big enough? I've done some searching and can't find a good answer.

assuming you're doing a Y type radius arm, I would say no. a radius arm puts the shank of the heim under bending load. use a 1.25 heim or cartridge joint like a Johnny Joing or RE joint. if you want to go bling check out the Evo joint made by a guy that goes my Twister on the Pirate board.

....please everyone that reads this...learn that poison spyder does not make thier own heim joints...they are either FK, aurora, or QA1..I forget which brand, but they just hike up the price.

Everything they have that does not look like custom fab is not built by them, they source out and hike up the price when they add their name to it, just the the "boulder bushings"

yeah i realize they aren't "poison spyder" heims but from what i saw they seemed to be reasonalbly priced.

Back