• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame fixin ideas

Markm80521

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any homebrew alternatives to a frame rack? I have a crinkle in the right rear frame from the tow package being pushed downward. Shock, sping, right side lower/ compressed. Body shop said not a problem but $300. :rolleyes:

Got to be some simple yet horribly dangerous fix I can do using my hi-lift or something right? :firedevil

Markm80521 said:
Anyone have any homebrew alternatives to a frame rack? I have a crinkle in the right rear frame from the tow package being pushed downward. Shock, sping, right side lower/ compressed. Body shop said not a problem but $300. :rolleyes:

Got to be some simple yet horribly dangerous fix I can do using my hi-lift or something right? :firedevil

Cummings tool sells a cheep hydrolic ram for frame straigtening..

Can't get any more dangerous than that.... :D

bam... ram slips off, and shoots thru neigbors house...

bam... to much straightening.... frame snaps... :D

Total wreckage of unibody...:D

300 bucks sounds like a good deal...:anon:

Re: Re: Frame fixin ideas

RINGKONG said:
300 bucks sounds like a good deal...:anon:

You bet your bippee on that. Straightening the unibody is NOT a job for amateurs with home-brewed tools. $300 for that is CHEAP

I straightened mine at home with the HF tool. But then my frame was totally collapsed on both sides. Whatever you do, reinforce both sides of the frame with at least .120" wall steel, side and bottom. The area right underneath the oval gas filler cutout is especially vulnerable to catastrophic failure.

CRASH......inventor of death-defying fixes......

Two quotes so far:

Put on the rack, MEASURE, bend back out - $300

Put on the rack, EYEBALL, bend back out - $100

What do you think. Save the money and just try and get the ride height equal by eyeballing? Or be charged the automatic fee of $150 just to measure first. Every one I talked to is in this ball park.

CRASH said:
I straightened mine at home with the HF tool.

CRASH......inventor of death-defying fixes......

Ya, that was interesting when the cheap head on that ram broke in half! :explosion:

Jes

Back