• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RockKrawler rear springs flex??

Mudskipper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Clayton 8" kit with RockKrawler rear springs and they don't seem to flex at all. The front twists up great but the rear seems very stiff. Is there a break in time or should they be good from the getgo?

Mudskipper said:
I will try that. I just wish you didn't have to spend all that money for a suspension that flexes like it's made of concrete.

well the trade off is that when they break in, they should work that way and stay that height forever or at least a long time, just takes a bit of time to get there.

You could get something that flexes amazingly at first, and then sags in a year, adn you'll be even more pissed I bet.

_nicko_

I had the RK rear springs installed in January. Within two weeks, the springs has settled and dropped an inch. I also have an aftermarket bumper and tire carrier and tire hanging off the back. The ride has softened up as well.

I'm still waiting for the front springs to settle. The front is an inch higher than the back.

Clayton makes the cross member and longarms, for the full package deal he uses all the rest of the parts from Rockcrawler

I have 6 inch RK springs in the back and they flex great. I do have drop shakles and repositioned shocks. The only problem is that they have saged more than 2 inches. I will never use RK leafs again.

Back