• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Universal Hand Brake? Caliper/Clapm (For my XJ)

Did you put in the GC brake hardware? If so, you can hook up GC handbrake cables and use a length of 8mm threaded rod to extend the actuator rod to the length you need to have a handbrake. It was the simplest part of the swap that I did. There's a link on here to give you an idea of what you need. Personally, I used a long nut to link the two rods, with nylock nuts at either end and Loctite 242 to hold everything together firmly.

That's weird, I tried to put it, but hte rod( the whole mechanism) didn't fit in the rear discs area, the rod think was too big or somehtight that couldn't fit.

What axle is yours? Mine is Dana44

I've got the 8.25.

I think I see where you're going wrong: the Cherokee drum brake shoes will not fit inside the new disc brake setup, so you will have to get GC handbrake shoes, springs (top & bottom), adjusters, the little pin things and retainer clips that hold everything together (this is all for inside the drum/ disc assembly), then use the GC handbrake cables instead of XJ ones. You can reuse the XJ ones and use a cable clamp, but I couldn't go with that becasue of the UK roadworthiness test. Search on here - there's lots of info.

Back