• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AHHH... Bolt on Xmember!!

jeepinxj05

NAXJA Forum User
I was messin with the bolts on my crossmember on my '91 XJ, AW4(? its automatic) and NP242 TC. Well, since I'm so beastly strong, I managed to spin the head right off of one of the bolts! How bad is this?? Should i probly fix that soon?? Thanks all.

was it the bolt or could you ahve just taken one off the stud?

jeepinxj05 said:
I was messin with the bolts on my crossmember on my '91 XJ, AW4(? its automatic) and NP242 TC. Well, since I'm so beastly strong, I managed to spin the head right off of one of the bolts! How bad is this?? Should i probly fix that soon?? Thanks all.
depends, when I was running without a bolt in the x-member, I had bad vibrations, something you will want to fix definately.

Yup, the stock setup is one stud and a bolt on each side. An easy-out might work, but if you can leave it alone for a few days start spraying it down with PB Blaster to help loosen it.

Don't forget, it's Righty-Tighty, Lefty-Loosy.

The bolts are M10 with 1.50 pitch. A 35-40mm bolt should fit fine if you don't have a t-case drop.

Back