• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolting down a winch

mack

NAXJA Forum User
well, i went to mount my winch today, but the winch had no hardware so i had hanson enterprises send me a fairlead mount w/hardware. the bold comes from underneath the winch. the problem is, there's no way to tighten the nuts/bolts thru the top of the winch (next to the cable). You can't get a wrench on the nut. Does anyone know where you can get the square (original) nuts/bolts for the Warn x8000i winch??:wierd:

any help is appreciated!!!

You can get them at your local Lowe's Hardware or HomeDepot.

wow, didn't think they would have something like that, kinda funny asking for some square nut's :laugh3:

yeah i didn't think they'd have them either but warn didn't send enough with my winch....so I thought i'd check Lowe's out and they had them.
Trevor

where do i start to look? and what size to look for?
hoytinak said:
yeah i didn't think they'd have them either but warn didn't send enough with my winch....so I thought i'd check Lowe's out and they had them.
Trevor

They have a section of nothing but bolts and nuts....i think they were in the specialty drawers, not too sure but you'll see pictures on the drawers.
Trevor

I am sure you already know this, but make sure you get the best bolts you can find. I think a grade 8 would work, but the stronger the better. I am not sure what ones you will find at the local stores, just dont buy the cheapest ones. Like I said before, I am sure you already know this, but just in case.

yeah, i already have grade8 bolt's, i just need the right nut's:laugh3:

well got it done today, just waiting on my new amsteel rope and fairlead.

truckin054.jpg

I thought Hanson had dropped production of XJ bumpers, but there it is.
Looks nice.

no, i talked to Paul at hanson, not only do they still make a new front, but they have rears too, and are going to be doing rocker guards. he sent me some pics,

XJ_FRT_Basic_StraightSmall.jpg

XJ_FRT_WINCHBARSmall.jpg
XJ_FRT_WinchReady_GrillGuard_OuterHoopsSmall.jpg
XJ_REAR_CUTTINGDETAILSmall.jpg
XJ_REAR_ANGLED_4Small.jpg

Back