• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body help

BattyBlueXJ

NAXJA Member #1270
My buddys jeep (92YJ) has a vacume line going into the valve cover and its not sucking or blowing any air so some guy told us that its a valve that goes into the throttle body. We did check the canister for leaks and all the other vacume lines and the thing he told us was a valve is just a adapter going into the throttle body. so one question is why isnt (my girlfriend) that line sucking or blowing???? Also something that worries me is that we took the intake hose off the throttle body and inside it is real nasty like chalky oily substance....the throttle body was cleaned about a year ago why is this oil getting into the throttle body and how bad is this problem????thanks for anyones help....

BattyBlueXJ said:
Anyone???????

Two posts in only an hour and a half? You'll have to be a little more patient in waiting for a reply. :)
There should be two hoses coming off the grommets on the valve cover. The one at the front hooks up to the outlet tube of the airbox while the one at the rear should be hooked up to the intake manifold.
It's normal for the insides of the intake tube and TB to be lightly coated in oil since oil vapour can be sucked back up the hose from the valve cover to the air intake.

Back