• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mexican 3"

blue87cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a 16 year old boy from Monterrey Mexico, I have a 87 xj and i have lift 3" only by putting some extensions to the front springs and putting 1 more rear leaf, is this ok for a beginner??? do I miss anything??? does this mexican modification can be a dangerous modification? is this the best way of having a cheap 3"?????

I'm a mexican, sorry for the bad spelling
thank you

this forum is a fabulous way of interact with people that love what i love: my jeep!!:D

A 3 inch lift is a very good way to start out, I've been running that for a little over two years now (and about three years before at stock). As for the saftey...

I'll start at the rear. Adding a leaf in the back is a good way to go, as long as you have the U-Bolts nice and tight you should be good spring-wise. One thing though, you will need to extend the brake line (the rubber hose portion that goes from the frame to the axle), otherwise you risk breaking it if you really flex the axle. You can use a hose from a YJ (Jeep Wrangler, the square headlight one) and that will work for you very well.

Up front I do have a question. You said you extended the springs, how did you go about this? Did you put a spacer in between the springs and the body (at the top), this works, but the one consideration is what spacer you used. Did you make it (or somebody else) or buy it somewhere. I only ask because that spacer will see a very large amount of force and you do not want to have it fall apart on you. Aside from that it sounds like you're ready to take it out!

What part of Mexico are you in? There's quite a few of us here is Southern California (Alto California :)) and some time we might hook up to get our Jeeps dirty!

Sequoia

Concuerdo con qué Sequoia escribió. Hay dos maneras de levantar la frente: resortes nuevos, o las extensiones de resorte. Muchos de nosotros usamos las extensiones. Si ellos son construidos de materias sólidas y si ellos quedan los resortes y los montes del cuerpo, ellos son una manera buena de hacer un económico levanta. Soy un pequeño se preocupó por cómo sus extensiones de resorte se construyeron, porque las extensiones más altas que podemos comprar aquí están sólo 2".

Para el trasero, levanta puede ser hecho con resortes nuevos, metiendo los bloques, usando grilletes muy largos, o metiendo una hoja adicional. Los bloques son muy malos, para muchas razones. Grilletes largos hacen el resorte débil, y yo no los recomiendo. Meter una hoja adicional es un método bueno de hacer un levanta si usted no puede comprar resortes nuevos. Cuando el Sequoia escribió, afirma que usted hizo los tornillos de U apretado otra vez, y afirma que el tornillo pequeño en el centro del resorte es sólido porque este tornillo es el pedazo que tiene el eje en el sitio.

Bienvenida a NAXJA.

Back