• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help on rear yoke on dana 35

Is the driveshaft making contact w/ the yoke? If so heavy duty anything isn't going to last. Pretty much anytime your breaking the straps off the yoke, its due to driveline angle problems.

camocladxj said:
thanks for reply but my pinion & shaft are in straight line.they never hit .any other sugg. ??

Try posting over in the Modified Tech Discussion. If you have the stock output on the Transfer Case, the pinion and shaft should not be in a straight line, the angles should more or less be divided between the Tcase and rear axle. If you you have a SYE and CV shaft, different rules apply (but then you probably wouldn't be twisting up U-joints). I believe you can also modify the yoke to a Ubolt style but I agree, I think the problem is driveline angle. Try that forum - with a little more specs like year, etc and you will get some good feedback

Take a close look at your stock D35 yoke. The ones I have looked at have sufficient flat behind the strap screw holes that you can simply drill them out and use u-bolt type fasteners. You can buy the u-bolts in blister packs at the auto parts stores, in the HELP! section. I believe the ones with the correct center-to-center spacing are listed for Ford axles. Don't recall the year or application.

Back