• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u guys locked up front...heres one for ya

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i got my locker finally....but i am not sure if i wanna put it in...its a lock-rite..i really want the trackion it will give me but my turning sucks now...you guys that are running ez's or lock-rite's front and rear whats your opinion?

Are you saying that your turning radius is bad now w/out the locker? I have run a Lockright in both axles for a long time and yeah, it decreases the turning radius. What are you running for tires, etc. right now?

i have an ARB up front, and one time on the Rubicon i had it accidentally locked going through Gatekeeper. I was hating life and thought my pump had died.

Of course a lockright will be better than a spool (locked ARB) but it will affect turning radius.

I have hydro assist now :D

When turning around I have a little lever I push forward to deactivate my Lock Right.

Works just fine...as it has for the last 5 years now.

I've just learned to deal with it, and learned how to make tighter turns without worrying about the trees scuffing up everything... it'll always buff out no matter how deep the dent :D

ECKSJAY said:
When turning around I have a little lever I push forward to deactivate my Lock Right.

:laugh3:

ECKSJAY said:

:roflmao::roflmao:

ECKSJAY said:

I have just recently found this lever that you speak of. :D It works great!

Daryl

littlexj1 said:
i got 33x12.5 r15...its not horrible....but i find myself backing up and pulling a K turn more than most.....

I just found to live with it, although it has never been a big problem, backing up that is.

junkxj said:
A 2wd Lo coverson might help if you are that worried about it.

or shift outta 4wd into 2wd to make those extra tight turns otherwise the front locker shouldn't engage unless you're applying throttle, i usually try to apply throttle before i start into a turn tho avoid the binding effect my lock-right causes, the added traction is worth the SMALL loss of turning radius..

You may already know this, but if you have the Vacuum Disconnect Axle, you can rig up a vacuum switch inside the cab to activate or deactivate the disconnect at will. If you are locked in front, you can unlock one side while in 4lo and turn much better.

Back