• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GOT MY LIFT!!! What more parts to "complete" this stage?

McFly

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to put together a list of what I still need to buy, before I'm ready for a summer full of wheelin'. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's what I have:
RE6030 3.5" SuperFlex kit
2" Rocky-Road.com BB
JKS Quicker Disconnects
F & R Bumpstop
OME Long-Travel shocks
AJ's Offroad front bumper w/grille guard & shackles
FourRealSteel rear bumper w/hitch

What I'm ordering this upcoming week (my birthday):
33x12.50x15 tires - not sure what brand/model yet
AA SYE & Tom Wood's Rear Driveshaft
(also I'm finishing trimming my fenders VERY generously)

What I THINK I need to finish this stage of my Jeep (help me out here):
JKS Adjustable Trackbar
Currie Bolt-On Steering Setup
Upper Ctrl Arms
Drop Brackets
SS Front Brake Lines?
What else am I missing? (I'm not thinking axles/lockers for now)
EDIT: OME Steering Stabilizer
EDIT: an ALIGNMENT :D

Thanks!!! :D

Last edited:
I would say Drop Brackets and adjustable UCAs.

Don't forget rims; 15x8 with about 4" backspace will work.

Armor.

Yucca-Man said:
I would say Drop Brackets and adjustable UCAs.
Right on! Lemme add that to my list....

Don't forget rims; 15x8 with about 4" backspace will work.
I got some 15x8" American Racing rims, they're pretty nice ;) And I think the BS is like 3.75"

I got front and rear armor... and an engine skid plate. I imagine I'll grab a gas tank skid, diff guards (after I re-gear), and belly stuffs when when I'm "done" with the suspension setup. :D

Thanks!

So you plan to run 33" tires with stock 3.55 gears?

McFly said:
What I THINK I need to finish this stage of my Jeep (help me out here):
JKS Adjustable Trackbar
Currie Bolt-On Steering Setup
Upper Ctrl Arms
Drop Brackets
SS Front Brake Lines?
What else am I missing? (I'm not thinking axles/lockers for now)
EDIT: OME Steering Stabilizer
EDIT: an ALIGNMENT :D

Thanks!!! :D

Anything else? I've got the lift, shocks, tires & rims all going on next Wednesday. Is that trackbar/steering setup a good combo? If so, I'm gonna order it come Friday. Of course I'm getting an alignment on Thursday after I lift the Jeep Wednesday. That should fix the steering wheel being upside-down thing, right?

Get the JKS trackbar from www.kevinsoffroad.com He offers a modified trackbar bracket that allows for more axle droop. I just put mine on last week.

For the upside-down steering wheel thing...set the front tires straight...turn the key to unlock the steering wheel...loosen the two bolts circled on the adjuster below...crank the adjuster by hand...you'll see the steering wheel move as you do this...turn the adjuster until the steering wheel is right side up...then tighten the bolts. But of course, they'll do this for you when you get an alignment.

steering.jpg

Last edited:
xjohnnyc said:
Get the JKS trackbar from www.kevinsoffroad.com He offers a modified trackbar bracket that allows for more axle droop. I just put mine on last week.

For the upside-down steering wheel thing...set the front tires straight...turn the key to unlock the steering wheel...loosen the two bolts circled on the adjuster below...crank the adjuster by hand...you'll see the steering wheel move as you do this...turn the adjuster until the steering wheel is right side up...then tighten the bolts. But of course, they'll do this for you when you get an alignment.

steering.jpg

How do you like that JKS trackbar setup with his modified trackbar bracket? I just spent the last 30 minutes reading on his website some customer testimonials, and his installation instructions, and pics. Looks awesome! Seems definately like the way to go for the trackbar.

Anyone know about the Currie Bolt-On Steering setup? Looks BEEFY to say the least! :O

Kevin's shipping was really fast and the trackbar installed very easily (air tools make quick work of the factory mount bolts). It was also easy to adjust. I've yet to take it off-road yet with the mods I've made in the past month. I'm heading out to AZ next week to flex it out a bit.

Back