• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sending unit location

Ironmen77

Help. where is the oil sending unit on a '90 xj? Is it on the drivers side of the
block? One wire or two, right above the pan or half way between the pan and head two plugs attached to that side not sure which to use. I'm trying to change from lights to gauges if possible. It's a 4.0

It's on the passenger side, right adjacent to the oil filter. One wire, sticks onto the end of the sender.

If I install the new sending unit and install gauges on water and oil by the instructions with the gauges, I would be bypassing the onboard computer will this cause any adverse effects? The xj came with warning lights instead of gauges.

In a 90 XJ the gauges don't run through the ECU, they run direct from the senders. Are you talking about aftermarket gauges? Why not just get a gauge cluster for a similar year XJ with gauges. It's a bolt in, no modifcations to the dashboard, and you just change the temp sender in the head and the oil pressure sender to the ones for gauges to make it all work. The tachometer will be plug-n-play.

Thanks, For The Info I Might Just Do That Instead.

Back