• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana44 overhaul

JaMMin2525

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, just picked up a dana44 out of an 87 xj at the local junkyard. Looks solid but i want to overhaul the brakes , seals, bearings ect. Does anyone know where i could pick up rebuild kits for this? thanks a bunch

jamin

JaMMin2525 said:
hey guys, just picked up a dana44 out of an 87 xj at the local junkyard. Looks solid but i want to overhaul the brakes , seals, bearings ect. Does anyone know where i could pick up rebuild kits for this? thanks a bunch

jamin

You probably won't be able to press on the bearings or get them off for that matter. Pull them axles and take them to a local diff shop. The seals and stuff you should be able to do yourself.

Brakes can be had at napa. After you order them, take the Drum and the Shoes in to match for size. They need to be fully aware that it is outta a 44 or your gonna get the Corp. 8.25 stuff.

you could do what i have just done, and do a disc conversion using the ford motorsport kit from GEF racing. Above is right - you will need a heavy duty press - proly 30 ton to press the bearings off/on- plus a good bearing seperator.

Back