• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out a Jeep.....

Dragon_Fly

NAXJA Forum User
Ok spring is coming and I have the energy to get out and find more parts for my Rock Lizard budget lift. I was going to get a set of grand cherokee coils for 40 bucks. I just happened to run across a guy parting out an 1995 Grand Cherokee w/V8. Lady filled the engine with water and cracked the block. He got the whole thing for like 200 bucks. I already tried getting the rear axle. He is keeping both axles, tcase, wheels and a few other goodies.

He sold me the front coils for 30 bucks and threw in the roof rack which is a hell of a lot nicer then the one on my 1988 XJ. Will the roof rack fit? Do they both use the same roof rack or is the one for the grand cherokee bigger?
Anything else I should get that will work on my XJ? I thought about the lower control arms but I have that set of Rancho's listed below.

This is what I have so far:

Front:
1) Grand Cherokee Coils springs [40.00] Still Needed
2) Stock 5/8" Coil Spring Isolators [5.00]paid
3) Shocks: 1994 Wrangler YJ Fronts [0] Still Needed
4) Rancho Long LCA’s [45.00]paid

Total= 90.00

Rear:
1) Leaf Spring Center Pins [Free]
2) D35 Ubolts [10.00]
3) Stock MJ Leaf Packs w/shackles [75.00]
4) Steel&Hardware for Clamps [20.00]
5) Shocks: OME Rear GC ZJ [41.50]paid

Total= 146.50

Grand Total to Date= 236.50
Estamated Total=300.00

I don't know if the roof rack will be a direct fit, but you can easilly make it work. There are alot of different mounts out there. You can also make your own adapters if it is too narrow. A quick measure w/ a tape will let you know

Rob

Back