• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Henrob 2000 Torch - any info????

They seem to be a bit pricey, but I've heard good things about them from a couple of welder friends.

I saw a vendor at a Street Rod show in Pueblo, Colorado a year ago that was selling them. He was using one in a demo every hour. Thing sure worked slick! He let me try it out and I liked how nicely it cut the metal with very little slag left and it didn't take much metal away either. The thing the vendor said is the most complicated to do is get the gas mix just right. He shut it down and fired it back up and he did have to do alot of turning of valves to get it right.

Oldman is right, they're kinda pricey for what it is, but it does work well when it's dialed in.

HTH.

YELLAHEEP said:
I saw a vendor at a Street Rod show in Pueblo, Colorado a year ago that was selling them. He was using one in a demo every hour. Thing sure worked slick! He let me try it out and I liked how nicely it cut the metal with very little slag left and it didn't take much metal away either. The thing the vendor said is the most complicated to do is get the gas mix just right. He shut it down and fired it back up and he did have to do alot of turning of valves to get it right.

Oldman is right, they're kinda pricey for what it is, but it does work well when it's dialed in.

HTH.
why not plump 2 valves in each line so that you adjust one and leave it alone, then use the other to turn the torch on and off?

They are SWEEEET!!! A buddy of mine has one, and we've used it for several projects. They cut as well as a plasma cutter, and can weld as well as a TIG. They can do all sorts of metals too, like regular steel, stainless, alloy, aluminum, etc. They're pricey, but if you look at all they can do, they're worth it. Plus, it's a lot easier than trying to figure out if you have the right amperage dialed in, the right flowrate for your shielding gas, etc.

I highly recommend them!

nosajwp said:
Plus, it's a lot easier than trying to figure out if you have the right amperage dialed in, the right flowrate for your shielding gas, etc.

I highly recommend them!

Did I miss something?? It's a GAS torch...not electric.

Rev

BrettM said:
why not plump 2 valves in each line so that you adjust one and leave it alone, then use the other to turn the torch on and off?

Because single stage regulators creep as the bottle pressure changes...so your mix is not constant and the Henrob is very picky.

I've seen what that torch can do and isn't as easy as it looks to make it cut they way those demo guys do it.

You can get plate cutting tips that will acheive the same results as the henrob.

Spend your money on a nice Victor/Harris/Smith torch, and don't look back.

I prefer a tool I can get replacement parts locally, as opposed to waiting 2 weeks for parts.

And a regular Oxy torch can do the same things if you know how to use it......

Back