• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cage question

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
i got the d and c cage and im going to install and just say someday my heater core goes and i need to replace it. Once the cage is in, what do i do? cut the legs and then clean them and re weld after or should i kick them inboard a little bit before install so that if this problem occurs i can just unbolt the cage and shift it back just enough to get behind the dash or just leave them as is and cut it to shift it back??????

....or forget the heater and wear a coat.

xjrugger said:
that tube clamp looks like it will do the job, good hook up
just plan their orientation before you weld them in so that yo ucan get to the bolts and remove it easily (as in direction of motion)

Kejtar...thanks for the link
Xjrugger... good question. Something to look at on your DNC205 cage.
Verify the main hoop is "square" in relation to itself, and the position of the feet on floor is similiar side to side. Mine is not and am waiting for new main hoop.Dash bar and windshield bar length difference is 2"
My problems might be because of no carpet.

Kejtar said:
look into something like this:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=66&cat=58&page=1 and you can make sections of the cage removeable.

Those are great. At first I thought the price was way steep. But we needed this type of clamp for a project we're doing at school and had the machinist make 3 sets for us.

They take a LONG time....with labor they are WELL over 25.50...at least manually done. So just saying.... to me, that's an amazing price for them and would never try making them myself for that price. _nicko_

Back