• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LeBaron HOOD VENT INSTALLATION on my XJ

BigDawgz

NAXJA Forum User
I've sold several sets of these to guys on here and just thought I'd do a little picture/write-up page on car domain. So if you want to see my installation on my XJ just go here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/803060/2

Any feedback is welcomed....I'm really happy with them and you can feel the heat just rolling out of them. It should definitely help this summer to dissipate the underhood heat quicker. I'm also gonna make some clear Plexi-glass covers with strip magnets on them and space them up off of the hood to use when it's pouring down rain....or snowing alot. I figure this way they'll still set about 3/4 of an inch off of the surface of the vents and they'll still allow for some heat to escape. They'll block the majority of the water...plus... they can be installed/removed very quickly.
Aron

xtremewlr.....GREAT MINDS....must think alike...LOL. Yours look good too. I think the key is to use a Jigsaw and measure....then re-measure..lol...it made it alot easier than w/a die-grinder. In my opinion anyways. I must've been really lucky because when I went to test fit mine....they fit perfectly! I didn't have to do any more trimming. All that measuring paid off I guess...lol. It's just a trail rig that I drive on the street too.
Aron

Back