• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does the 30 amp mini fuse in the dist. block.....

JCD

NAXJA Forum User
under the hood control? 1996 XJ I keep blowing the 30 amp mini fuse in the
power distribution block under the hood. I suspect that it controls something
having to do with the ignition? My jeep is stuck on the side of the road right
now.

Thanks,
Jason D.

nope, for the mini fuses in the middle of the block it just has what size fuse goes in which slot. It doesn't say what circuit it is protecting. It is blowing the fuse whenever I turn the key on. Any ideas what components to check first?

Thanks,
Jason D.

There are two 30 amp fuses listed; I can't recall the position but there was a mid-year redesign anyway.

I'd say you're blowing the one I have listed as #2 -Engine Control. Fuel Pump, Gen. Field Injectors, Engine Controller, Ignition Coil Auto rans Controller, Oxygen Sensor.

The other one is listed as #10, ABS System.

Look for bad grounds or shorts somewhere...unfortunately practically anywhere in the fuel or ignition system...

The mini 30 in my 96 box blew when my downstream o2 wire got grounded to the exhaust. It is for the ASD (auto shutdown) and it woudn't run till I disconnected the harness to the o2 sensor. Runs now but sets codes 131, 135 and 138 I think.

Back