• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep pics with no fander flares

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. Soon my jeep will be sitting at 4.5 inches and I was thinking 31's. But lately I've thought of taking my flares off all together and fitting 32's. How would they fit and could I fit any bigger? If anyone has pics of cherokee's without flares I'd love to see them. Thanks

Well ive hacked up my fenders pretty good since ive taken my flares off.

Why not just trim more and put the flares back on. Could easily fit 33"s at 4.5" with trimming, and youd look somewhat stock.

Here was mine with 4.5" and 32" bfgs...
pat_fain_s_ford.jpg

Definitely not necessary to cut this much with this combo but i liked it. If i could do it again, i probably would have relocated the stock flares...HTH.

Pat

front%20flex.jpg

street%20with%2033s.jpg

and the result of not running flares:
muddy%2033s1

Bushwackers went back on yesterday ;)

Ary

Pair8HD, I like the windshield mounted lights, you get brackets somewhere or was taht a weekend fab job. Got any close ups? sorry to hijack, had to ask.

lostcreek21 said:
hey kraziexj, what size tires are those? After you put the new tires i would be interested in a picture. Thanks

they are 30x9.5 Oh i will be sure and post pictures when i get it finished.

heres mine if it helps

rear%20end2.jpg

Guys,

All the rigs look good and I understand why you don't have flares. I use to live in Missouri and they have annual State Highway Patrol Safety inspections.

What I recall the reason for flares is to meet the requirment to have the entire wheel "within the wheel well".

I wish you fun on the trials and no tickets from cops.

Martin

Royce said:
Pair8HD, I like the windshield mounted lights, you get brackets somewhere or was taht a weekend fab job. Got any close ups? sorry to hijack, had to ask.

That was actually a bored weekday night fab job. I made the brackets out of angle iron and welded them to the A-pillar. That is some thin metal on the A-pillar so be careful if you plan on welding to it.
standard.jpg

Back