• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux Cooling Fan

duKe

NAXJA Forum User
What conditions have to take place before you electric aux cooling fan will kick on. I have been have issue while sitting in traffic w/ my temp creeping up into the 220 range, and I don't believe my fan is turning on. Any help with this would be great thanks.

Adam

duKe said:
What conditions have to take place before you electric aux cooling fan will kick on. I have been have issue while sitting in traffic w/ my temp creeping up into the 220 range, and I don't believe my fan is turning on. Any help with this would be great thanks.

Adam

here ya go...It is supposed to kick on when the AC is on. Period, regardless of temp.

If this is NOT your case, remove it and put direct power from a couple leads off the battery. Now you'll know if it works at all, if it does, the next place is to swap out the relay located in the Power Distribution Box under the hood.

Had the same problem as you last year. My relay was the culprit.

Good luck.

It should also cycle on and off when the vents are set to the windshield and windshield/floor combo. The fan actually isn't supposed to come on (without the AC/vents bit just described) unless the temp. reaches 218*. It will then shut off at 209*.
The exact temp. depends on the year. What's above is for a '99, IIRC. A '98 is 217/208.

Last edited:
Back