• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repair / service manual

XJ Bebop

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a better/best repair manual for my 2000 (I bought last April). The Haynes book I got seems fairly limited. I did a search here and came up with this : http://www.techauthority.com
This is the D/C book site, and they offer either book or CD versions, both costs $90. Seems like CD-rom might offer some advantages...
I wanted to check before I order... Is there something better out there?
-bd-

I like the electronic format. When I need to do a repair, I print out the pages I need and take them with me. That way when I screw up and spill something on them I don't the entire book with oil or brake fluid.

Nope, there isn't a better option. Techauthority.com is the place you want to be...

Burn yourself a safety copy of the CD because you certainly don't want to screw it up. Torn pages in the paper FSM can be overlooked but a scratched CD is BAD.

I agree with the idea of printing up relevant pages when you're headed to the garage...as I print I'm just filling up a 3-ring binder with a paper FSM.

But the risk with buying through ebay is, finger smudges all over the print, and as mention above, spilled shtuff on the book.

Actually, if you have any mechanic friends, some times they can get 20% discounts on FSM's like that. Thats how I got mine a few weeks ago. But there is a catch, I think they have to be part of some "group" or something. I dunno, if you have any friends in the mechanic biz, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

sbxj, that eBay auction you linked is a CD. I'd bet a steak dinner that it's an illegal burned copy of the D/C FSM.

Back