• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount recomendations

Been running the M.O.R.E.'s for a little over a year and love them! I little more vibs. but you get used to it.

Yeah i'm dropping in a new engine next week and keeping the MORE's. I got used to the vibs in a couple of weeks. I think they may have soften'd up a little since I put them in.

I had my stock lower control arms laying around with ~1 year old bushings in them and thought to myself why pay someone else ~ $100 for some when I can make some.
I believe I cut off 3 1/4" on each end of one of the control arms, took apart the factory MM one at a time, and welded the end I cut to the botom factory plate.
There are some Caveats:
The stock MM are actually 2 pieces: ^ and _
the botom piece has the rubber melted to it and will require some help via torch for separation. After it is separated and clean, i pounded the botom plate flat so that I would have a good flat surface to weld all 3 sides to. I also had to put some gd8 washers to fill in the gaps between the bushing and the mount. I used 7/16" washers 4 in front and 5 in back of the bushing and tacked them together for ease of installation. Haven't had a chance to take pictures of them yet, but they don't look bad considering how much they cost.
vibes are noticable at first, but appeared to taper down after a week. This is one of the best parts that I have fabbed for the jeep and I won't have to worry about the motor moving around any more.

go with the M.O.R.E.s i have them and there are vibs, but they arnt that bad and my jeep was eating stock motor mounts like crazy. the MOREs dont give me any problems

Back