• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Playing by the rules...

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
As copied from the Virginia rock crawling event board....

1.2.4.3.1. Grills must closely match the original factory configuration of an OEM vehicle and work in this configuration with the hood, fenders, and tub/cab. Vehicles represented must be, from the factory, a four-wheel drive product.

1.2.4.3.2. Grilles must also include two headlights. Light stickers or off-road driving lights mounted in the original location of the headlights may be used as a substitute.

1.2.2.2. Front fenders must closely match the original factory configuration of an OEM vehicle as approved by an official VROC inspector. Vehicles must be, from the factory, a four-wheel drive product.

So I did all I could to narrow it down and keep it "legal" in the stock modified class. What do you guys think? 12" gone from the grill and narrowed as much as possible without relocating the radiator (illegal).Going back to the paint shop after we build the front bumper (again)...they are a littel dark...if I had skills I'd lighten them up..

Picture027.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Looks good, nice job....that should give you plenty of room to flex those tires.

BigWoody, you headed to VROC?
I'm going to crozet this weekend to play, thinkin about entering. Need to talk to chris first, and see what the red trails look like.

Looks pretty sick... Thanks for sharing..
I'm doing a little more chopping then you did though.. I removed 20 inches out of the front end.. sectioning the header panel and the grill. the center grill piece will be 4 bars. Basically the front grill/header panel is as wide as the uniframe rails.. The hood is going to be sectioned down so all the body lines match up. The bed of the MJ will be bobbed and dovetailed as well..

MJdovetail.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, puts me in a hard place, do i pull for the XJ/MJ or Kevin's TJ I'll be crewing on?

still looks like a commanchee cab to me.
Looks good
i would like to see it w/ the new bumper

AZXJ said:
Looks pretty sick... Thanks for sharing..
I'm doing a little more chopping then you did though.. I removed 20 inches out of the front end.. sectioning the header panel and the grill. the center grill piece will be 4 bars. Basically the front grill/header panel is as wide as the uniframe rails.. The hood is going to be sectioned down so all the body lines match up. The bed of the MJ will be bobbed and dovetailed as well..

Thought about sectioning the hood, but chances are it'll be bashed in no time. I tend to lay it over of flop it every now and then, so I tried to go the "quick" route. Would like to see some finished pics of yours when it's done sounds pretty cool...Greg

We ought to have a NAXJA meet and greet for those going to VROC. I will be there competeing in the modified class also. Maybe I'll start another thread for those going to post up.

Nice work on the front end. I had enough to do to get mine ready without getting that fancy.

See ya'll there.

Hamy.

Looks secsi, but I have no experience with these events.

Just posting up to say if it's the one here http://www.xjsrule.com/ on April 2 - 3 'yall are talking about, I'll be there watching!

Back