• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frank Raines OHV Park...Sept. 21-22...head count.......

directions

Del Puerto Canyon Road is approximately 80 miles from San Francisco or Sacramento south on I5.

From San Jose south bay area take Alum Rock Ave to CA Hwy 130 and then over Mt Hamilton. After the observatory continue on San Antonio Valley road and take a right on Del Puerto Canyon Road. It's about 30-35 miles from San Jose, but is a narrow winding road.

From the southern part of the valley I5 north or CA Hwy 99 north to CA Hwy 152 west then I5 north for about 35 miles to Del Puerto Canyon Rd.

Alongside the interstate is a motel, gas station/ minimart and either a Taco Bell or Del Taco. The town of Patterson is located about 5 miles east of the interstae and has a NAPA store and Chevy dealer, not sure if there is a Jeep dealership.

Have Fun! If I'm home I'll be there.
Tom

Frank Raines writeup and pics

http://xjzone.designermeat.com/Trails/frank_raines/frank_raines.html

Here's a link to some pictures and a writeup I did when I visited FR 2 1/2 years ago. The road up over Mt. Hamilton is a twister! Might look like a short cut on the map, but with a lifted XJ it's slow going (but very scenic!).

Scott

I make a motion to buy some Hot Dogs and buns for those who are going to Frank Raines.

Jes said he would cover the drinks :shock: (sodas, you guys) :lol:

What time are you guys meeting at Frank Raines? I only live about 40 minutes away and I will probably be able to go.

Back