• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar Bushings

jeepbme

NAXJA Forum User
If any of you have ever shopped for new sway bar bushings for your XJ, you know that there are many different sizes. 5 at autozone anyway.

Does anyone know the size or diameter or stand size diam for the 97+ models?

Had to get some from Napa recently for my 2000 classis. Mine were 26mm.
Tried Energy Suspension but they don't make them that size. The Napa ones are a cool blue color though...

See if you can measure your bar to be sure.

jeepbme said:
can't possibly measure the diameter with a tape measure..

A micrometer would work well if you have one and know how to read it. Even if it's in inches, just take the measurement you get and multiply by 25.4 (the number of millimeters in an inch) If yours are the 26mm's, you'd get like 1.0XX inches on a standard micrometer.

HTH

Just use open end wrenches and see which one fits over the bar, and which one doesn't. If you don't have metric wrenches that big, a 1" wrench will fit over a 24mm or 25mm bar and won't fit a 26mm bar.

Eagle said:
Just use open end wrenches and see which one fits over the bar, and which one doesn't. If you don't have metric wrenches that big, a 1" wrench will fit over a 24mm or 25mm bar and won't fit a 26mm bar.

That is a good idea i never even though of that, I ended up going out and buying a digital micometer...Not a bad buy thouh I love that thing..

bzdel2441 said:
That is a good idea i never even though of that, I ended up going out and buying a digital micometer...Not a bad buy thouh I love that thing..

Leave it to eagle to come up with a reason NOT to buy a new tool :laugh3: It's that swamp yankee showing :wave:

Any excuse is a good excuse for a trip to the tool store.... :D

Back