• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I see some pics of a stock T-case Skid... Please?

490Chaser said:
I searched I couldn't find any good pics of a stock t-case. Am I gonna have to use self tappers for this thing?

What year is it for? I've got one on my 2000, but don't know if they were the same across all years.

Mkay, photos are here. Note that I've got the NP242, so if yours is a 231 it may be different - though I have no idea if that will or will not be the case.

Last edited:
casm said:
Mkay, photos are here. Note that I've got the NP242, so if yours is a 231 it may be different - though I have no idea if that will or will not be the case.

Sweet, Thanks! That's just what I needed... I have a skid for both the 231 and the 242 and I didn't know which was which (It's not obvious).

They should be the same. I have run the stock one that came with a 242, then I swapped in a 231, it's the crossmember that you may have to modify, i.e drill 2 holes.

The factory skid for a 231 isnt the same as for a 242. The one for a 242 hangs down about 1/2" further than a 231 skid. It has a small step in it that the 231 skid doesnt.

Back